Re: smooth prime

Subject: Re: smooth prime
From: DaveMiller@ca.cgugroup.com
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 13:56:46
 11/12/2002 01:54:21 PM,

On the subject of top coats, the local repair shop, who does a lot of
repair work on composite gliders, suggested that I stick with "Katana
White". It is used by Diamond Aircraft at their manufacturing plant in
town here (London, Ont) This will be easy to match and must be working
for them. So thats the plan somewhere down the road

Dave A061

[TABLE NOT SHOWN]

Gerry,

Many years ago we were building a composite canard microlight. The US
manufacturer had seom plots of different surfaces' emissivity
(=absorption
coefficient) across a broad spectrum. It was almost down in the matt
black
area. IOW very poor for heat reflection characteristics. I was very
surprised but I believe the data was valid. Best to check before
painting
it matt silver.

DAve