smooth prime

Subject: smooth prime
From: Gerry Holland <gnh@ddsc.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 20:34:50
I support Tony K re. Smooth Prime. I have Flaps, Ailerons, Tailplanes
and Rudder painted to final coat on top of Smooth Prime from about a 18
months ago. Although they haven't been flown, they have been fitted and
setup and generally 'man handled' during those operations. No problems
with paint flaking is apparent. The rest of the Aircraft is finished to
Primer stage in Smooth Prime including Wings and Fuselage and it
appears a durable product. It certainly is a b%

er to remove from
Workshop floor or places it isn't meant to be!

Painting so far has been done by a professional Aircraft Finisher and
the results are very good. A non Polyfiber Paint was used.

While we are on Paint can I 'swerve' towards final colours. Anyone got
any arguments' for' or 'against' for using a light silver colour as
final coat for Fuselage. As a colour it doesn't seem to far from the
heat spectrum of 'white'.

Gentle advice please!

Regards

Gerry