Re: smooth prime

Subject: Re: smooth prime
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 01:01:18
>While we are on Paint can I 'swerve' towards final colours. Anyone got any
>arguments' for' or 'against' for using a light silver colour as final coat
>for Fuselage. As a colour it doesn't seem to far from the heat spectrum of
>'white'.
>Gerry

There are one or two silver planes about. Glenn's gorgeous Berkut for one.
However silver is a bit disappointing in that it doesn't seem to reflect
the heat as well as I for one thought it would. Should be OK on the lower
half of the fuselage although dark colours do seem to suffer from heat
effects. They tend to show stress wrinkles.
Graham