Re: smooth prime

Subject: Re: smooth prime
From: McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 08:23:49
Silver, in the language of "light" is effectively grey; somewhere between
white and black.
I painted mine in pearl white, which seems quite dark from some angles but
is nearly compensated by brighter-than-white from other directions.

I conducted instrumented temperature measurements on swatches of base-coat
white and the pearl white.
In May and June, noon-day sun on exceptionally clear-air days in the UK,
the sheltered temperature of the pearl surface was almost 2 deg. C warmer
than the white. Insignificant, I would reckon (especially if  all the
composite has been heat-cured).

Might be different in the Arizona desert however, where the Sun is probably
stronger!

Duncan mcF