Re: Monowheel landing gear upstop

Subject: Re: Monowheel landing gear upstop
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 10:34:14
In a message dated 11/4/2002 12:31:30 AM Pacific Standard Time,
grasingleton@avnet.co.uk writes:

> >I suppose I missed the problem with this. Are people reporting problems
> with
> >the gear going up too far in flight and causing problems? My little rubber
> >stop experiment is out at the end of the gear, which would experience the
> >minimum leverage force.
> >Dave
> >mini U2
>
> Just make sure there is no friction tending to hold the gear up. You depend
>
> on gravity to get the gear started down, because there is NO leverage to
> get it moving from the retract lever when in the up position. Look at the
> geometry.
> Graham

I did also move the brake master cylinder over and modify the tunnel to clear
the gear. As far as I can tell, there is no friction in the gear system. I
haven't checked this in flight, however. That will hopefully be in about a
month!

Dave