Re: Monowheel landing gear upstop

Subject: Re: Monowheel landing gear upstop
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 10:40:03

THE REASON I THINK BUILDERS NEED A STOP, AND IT IS NOT IN THE  BUILDERS MANUAL?,
IS THAT THEY HAVE THEIR TENSION ON THE BUNGEE TOO HIGH. I REMEMBER A BUILDER
SAYING HE COULD RAISE HIS GEAR WITH HIS FINGER, AND THAT IS TO MUCH. THERE
SHOULD BE SOME EFFORT REQUIRED TO BOTH RAISE THE U/C AND LOWER IT. GRAHAM
SINGLETON SAID THAT THE TENSION SHOULD BE ENOUGH SO THAT IF YOU  LET THE LEVER
GO FROM THE UP POSITION, IT SHOULD GO TO HALF WAY DOWN THE SLOT. . AT THE MOMENT
MINE TAKES A LITTLE EFFORT TO SECURE UP, AND A LITTLE EFFORT TO SECURE DOWN, NOT
MUCH, BUT AT LEAST YOU CAN FEEL THE RESISTANCE.

THE POSITION OF THE BRAKE CALIPER WAS SHIFTED 90 DEGREES? I THINK AS RECOMMENDED
---From THE COMPANY TO AVOID ANY CONTACT WITH THE TUNNEL WALL. IF YOU HAVE THE
U/C
LANDING FRAME POSITIONED CORRECTLY, YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE
ALIGNMENT AND ALSO THE ENGINE MOUNTING ALIGNMENT.
CHEERS,
Tim

--
Timothy P Ward