Re: Monowheel landing gear upstop

Subject: Re: Monowheel landing gear upstop
From: kbcarpenter@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 12:25:50
I'm no engineer, but IMHO that will not keep the wheel from hitting the top
of the tunnel.  That is a LOT of weight and the mechanical advantage
multiplies the pressure.  Even a stop out at the wheel axle has to support
the whole 1200+/- pounds.  Maybe  you will never have to test the system.:-)
Ken Carpenter
N9XS  mono