Re: Monowheel landing gear upstop

Subject: Re: Monowheel landing gear upstop
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 11:13:58
>Did this all start with the tyre catching on someone's brake master
>cylinder? I noticed this during building and simply moved the master cyl out
>an inch or two with suitable repair and fortification of the 'tunnel' -
>seemed the logical thing to do. What's the problem?

Various problems.
When the brake pads wear, the calliper moves outboard and eventually
can/might start to rub on the side of the tunnel. If it causes enough
friction to stick in the up position it will take a real big heave to get
it started down. In fact a bit of extra +ve G would probably be more
effective than bending the retract lever.
Graham