Re: Cockpit lights

Subject: Re: Cockpit lights
From: Kevin Taylor <kevin@islandtelecom.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 10:16:39
All,

Just to update you I got the cockpit lights I wanted and they are fantastic.
Cost 11.99 for 2 from Halfords (a car shop here in the UK for our friends
over the pond) They are each about the size of a pen lid, 12 Volt and come
mounted on a tiny platform with a  ball joint that allows them to swivel in
all directions. I've tested them on the panel in different lighting
conditions and they are fine, available in blue or red. They come fitted
with a cicar lighter plug which you can carefully remove in order to hard
wire them in to the panel but if you use them don't remove the resistor
wired in line.

Regards

Kev T