Europa-List: Re: New engine runs a little rough when weather is cold.

Subject: Europa-List: Re: New engine runs a little rough when weather is cold.
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 15:53:22

Im going to stick to this version of the tread. Why are there two?

Anyway, I do my carb balance at 2500 but also check at 3500. Found that if I
make
it perfect at 2500 I get smoother low rpm operation but if at 3500 a little
nicer at cruise. Ive been told to split the difference. Not much difference
between
the two though. My electronic balancer is very sensitive.

Unfortunately sync will go out as I get to 1800 and just a little off at 4000.
Sometimes it is better, sometimes worse. But overall runs nice. Better now after
the idle mixture adjustment. Just being picky. I am convinced that if a
butterfly
farts in front of the airplane the  tuning  changes :)

Just came back from a flight. Runs good.

Chris :D

Read this topic online here: