Europa-List: Re: New engine runs a little rough when weather is cold.

Subject: Europa-List: Re: New engine runs a little rough when weather is cold.
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 13:03:25

BTW Peter, I did check the gearbox clutch friction and it is fine.

Regarding O2 readings, I think it would be nice to do although not fond of
pocking
a hole on my nice CKT muffler. My question though is what is considered OK.
On idle I don't care since I have always leaned my Lycomings to death at idle
to prevent plug fouling. At this low power it is stated that you can't harm
the engine if ultra lean. I didn't over do it just to leave a margin in case
weather
gets colder. And I would be careful that the engine will not find itself
too lean if suddenly transitioning from fully closed throttle to open. Don't
know if the Rotax can be sensitive to that. Experiment at your own peril.

At mid or full throttle I would question what air/fuel ratio is desirable? The
guy in the video talks about the mixture being too lean at full power. That
surprised
me since I thought Rotax would have a very rich mixture at full power,
particularly at 5000' were the guy flies. Go figure. I'm personally not going
to change the main jet for know. Too risky.

Chris

Read this topic online here: