Europa-List: Re: New engine runs a little rough when weather is cold.

Subject: Europa-List: Re: New engine runs a little rough when weather is cold.
From: dmac7 <dmac7@outlook.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 10:45:35

Hello Chris, that was a interesting video you shared, years ago I drag raced a
mildly modified '70 Ford Mustang 351C engine, I didn't have a oxygen sensor I
used the time and speed to tell me how to jet the carb (mostly the speed).

 I was running Shell V'Power and I tried 100LL avgas which slowed me down
actually,
puzzled I tested the specific gravity of both fuel types...big difference.
100LL is always .72 but auto fuel changes greatly seasonally.  The summer Shell
VPower was .82 giving much richer mixture, in winter I tested Shell VPower
and it was .75.
The lesson is, if winter fuel has a lighter specific gravity it will give you a
leaner mixture than what you had in summer.  Fuel density matters too

Read this topic online here: