Europa-List: Re: New engine runs a little rough when weather is cold.

Subject: Europa-List: Re: New engine runs a little rough when weather is cold.
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 18:44:15

All very good info. Thanks. A couple of comments:

- I have balanced carbs at 3500 and agree found it to work well. But there is so
much info out there. Some say better at lower RPM, some at higher. And since
Rotax doesn't say, well, here we are. I tried at the lower range this time.

- I saw your O2 setup a while back Area-51. And I like it. But heard that having
the sensor too close to the pipe exit can cause outside air to mix with the
exhaust and produce erroneous readings. But your solution is certainly
attractive.
Who sells that short adapter to mount the O2 sensor and coupling hoses?

- The info from dmac7 is very interesting. These issues I am having started this
winter (well, if you can call it that in Florida). But we do get winter fuel
here too. Per Lockwood, he says winter fuels are terrible for our use. Maybe
that is the culprit and the solution is to retune carbs during winter. I have
to do the same on my 503 powered Kolb (24 years old now) but since that is
second
nature and expected in the 2-stroker I never had issues.

I will fly with this new tuning setup and will report back at some time in the
future.

Chris

Read this topic online here: