Europa-List: No charge lamp stays on

Subject: Europa-List: No charge lamp stays on
From: Martin Tuck <MJKTuck@cs.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 20:26:55

Hi Folks,

Started my 912UL today (first time for 2-3 months) and it started first
time! However, I noticed that the 12V 'no-charge' lamp (connected to the
rectifier pins L and C) remained illuminated indicating no charge.

I ran the engine a while to get it up to temp but the lamp stayed on and
after shut down my battery voltage had dropped below 11.5V. so it is
definitely is not being charged.

I'm sure it could be a number of things from a dodgy rectifier to issues
with the alternator.

Any pointers as to what to look first at would be appreciated.

Regards,
Martin Tuck
Europa N152MT