RE: Europa-List: PFA Feedback

Subject: RE: Europa-List: PFA Feedback
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 08:44:21

Hi! All
At the expense of continuing this debacle I have to agree with Mark and
Neville, also everyone else has valuable contributions in stating their
opinions but in addition it has to be remembered that all this business
about an "association representing it's members" is somewhat a sham. The
PFA is in my understanding a regulatory branch of the CAA where
membership is compulsory and therefore in effect supposedly a friendly
licensing authority for "Flying for fun". For my humble opinion there
isn't a lot of friendliness about at present on this issue and "others
currently going through the system." The PFA are missing an opportunity
to put out a more human face on this blessed issue. It is preferring to
put it's head "you know where" and continue to allow the "subject jerk"
page space and so called "CREDITS" which ultimately gives him
promotional status which is the kind of "payment" he enjoys, along with
the fact that as a result of the "associated allegations" there is a
huge sum of money been taken out of the aspirations of many would be
builders pockets and the industry that would have swelled the PFA
"membership base" the most important goal needed.
I would call for some sanity to now be engaged and request the PFA to be
considerably and more promptly engaged with the "brotherhood and spirit"
of the diverse talents amongst homebuilders and so be more prepared to
understand the kind of expense and frustrations we have to bear by lots
of the actions it takes. In other systems of regulation our activity is
classed as "experimental" which carries a degree of awe but not
necessarily the level of engineering respect the industry should have.
The PFA should be looking to embrace a position somewhere between that
and which currently prevails even at the expense of loosing a few
pictures!

Sincerely
Bob Harrison (Not loosing my head like all around me YET! But there'll
be a couple of AGM's of interesting content!)