Re: Digital scales and Smart Tool

Subject: Re: Digital scales and Smart Tool
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 09:52:20
>  I doubt anyone will want to part with a smart tool. I love mine
> and intend to keep it when plane is finished (sad person that I am) and
> guess most people will want to do the same.

I agree !

I found no problem using a digital scale to measure epoxy (except perhaps that
the maximum measurable load on mine is 200g, a bit low if you are doing foam
wings ... :-(   If you search the archive for 'Ohaus' you will see what I use.
Useful also for small amounts of flox, as you can still be sure the mix ratio is
reasonably accurate.

Especially in the UK, atmospheric moisture will react with any hardener left in
small passages exposed to the air to harden it and constrict the passage, so a
pump should be inspected/cleaned frequently to maintain accuracy (and anyway
checked against a good balance from time to time, IMHO).

John Cliff