Europa-List: Re: Seat cushion question

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Seat cushion question
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 13:27:31

Thanks to all for the postings. All this information sure is helping understand
what you are doing out there.

The good news is that it seems my seats can be improved.

Martin, please send me the info for the gentleman that makes the seats or
covers.
Never hurts to have the information.

Erich, I understood your explanation. I like your idea of leaving the space
between
the vertical section of the cockpit module and the back of the seat back
open to store some items. Very clever and sure simplief dealing with the wing
attachment pins. However I have a question about that: What keeps the bottom of
your seat back from sliding aft?

My seat is similar but differs from two points:

1.- I have a small piece of blue Styrofoam (seen as dark blue in my posted CAD
image, at the intersection of the two angles at the seat bottom) that extends
the seat thigh support.
2.- My seat follows the headrest and small portion of cockpit module angle plus
two inches of foam thickness. Then there is the lumbar support. I think that
Erich's backrest sits much further forward at the bottom than mine. The bottom
of my seat is quite thick but it is all foam. It's 5 inches but that is from
the cockpit module vertical wall. Erich, could you please measure the distance
in your seat as I did in mine? See picture.

I think I am going to experiment with additional thigh support first. Then I am
intriged by the way you did your seat back Erich. Much simpler and I like the
storage space idea.

Apologies for all the questions and requests but I am very close to having all
the info I need to try a few ideas and I appreciate the help.

Best Regards,
Chris

Read this topic online here:

Attachments: