Europa-List: Re: Seat cushion question

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Seat cushion question
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 18:42:13

Good info Ron.

Well, I have to say not happy with my cushions (lots of work dumped on them but
at least I didn't spend the money to cover them yet, something I would recommend
new builders, experiment before committing). I wish there was some info on
a basic design to get started with but I guess we "don't do things because they
are easy ...." :)

But I have a feeling that increased thigh support will help.

My seat back looks like yours,  just not how it was built. But angle yes. Just
a theory but maybe the excess angle on seat back pushes you forward, raises your
legs and puts too much pressure on tailbone. I'm going to try removing the
back cushion and placing a flatter piece of temporary foam. Sounds counter
intuitive
but will test my theory. If that doesn't work I will add some additional
thigh support.

My conclusion is that the Europa seat is a bit narrow (that coming from a LongEZ
owner, but that airplane is the ultimate in comfort, my opinion) and your arm
touching the door sill makes you lean sideways which contributes to some
discomfort.

Will report.

Chris

Read this topic online here: