Europa-List: Europa-list: fitting gascolator

Subject: Europa-List: Europa-list: fitting gascolator
From: Rmi Guerner <air.guerner@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 21:46:14
         From: "R\351mi Guerner" <ai...

Gary Stout wrote:   Hmmmmmmm.  My experience with the two inline 914 filters has
been just fine
Gary,
Obviously you belong to the majority of Europa owners who have yet to experience
an engine stoppage due to fuel contamination and therefore say that the original
in line filters are just fine.  We had two Europa accidents here in France
due to clogged filters: one killed the pilot; the other one damaged the airplane
extensively and the pilot was very lucky. This is for a small fleet of 17
Europas flying in this country. So one out of ten crashed due to clogged filters
! This can happen to you!  Don't take chances, upgrade your fuel system with
a good gascolator.
Remi Guerner
F-PGKL,  S/N395, XS monowheel,   288 hours on a 914 + 89 hours since fitted with
the 912S.