Re: Europa-List: Europa-list: fitting gascolator

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa-list: fitting gascolator
From: Mike Parkin <mikenjulie.parkin@btopenworld.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 07:05:08

> I hear your theory but it has one slight draw back..... the reserve side
> will attract a bigger deposit of contamination (since that side gets all
> the fill up fuel and the main side on the other side of the tunnel has
> consequently less chance of contamination.) So when you switch to the
> reserve side(having had the "splutters" from the main)you can bet it
> will be for a very short time !
> Sorry guys IMHO and experience the inline filters just can not
> accommodate, or for that matter certainly not separate any water.
> Regards
> Bob Harrison G-PTAG Europa MKI/Jabiru 3300 c/w gascolator ....etc etc.!
> then there's the dog hairs!!!! Beat you to the punch Nev!

Bob,

This seems to me to be a question of care and good practices.  If one is
careful to keep any rubbish out of the system during the building, and
filter all fuel that goes into the tank, clogging should not be an issue.
The small deposits that will accumulate overtime are adequately handled by
routine filter changes.

I don't think the Proline filters are intended to be water seperators - just
inline filters.

Of course large filters might be required if one's power unit uses a lot of
fuel.(teehee!!)

regards,

Mike

3 German Shepherds but never a problem of doghair in the workshop.