Re: Europa-List: Europa-list: fitting gascolator

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa-list: fitting gascolator
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 14:15:57

All

I fitted the Mini Gascolator GAS125 to a Rotax 912S. It works very well and has
far more capacity than the fuel pumps can demand. It is a very good water trap
and catches the very smallest of FOD that find there way into my tank.  I do
not think that a larger unit is needed for this installation.  Just my two cense
worth.

Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.
Edmonds, WA 98020
425 776 5555
http://www.europaowners.org/WileE
PS:  I wish it would stop raining  :(

  . Therefore the filter(s) on 914 installation must be designed as for a 500 HP
engine!

  My recommendation is to throw away the supplied in-line filters and use one
(or
two) gascolators big enough for the task. There are plenty of sources on the
market. A gascolator will also be a lot easier to service than the in-line
filters.
If you are using the Andair GAS375, make sure you have the new filter
screen which is has a lot bigger screen area than the original model.