Re: altitude oscillations

Subject: Re: altitude oscillations
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 14:11:47
Ken:
            I was fascinated by your explanation below. I presumed there
were "suitable" circuits which conducted such activities, but had not the
slightest idea how. Your Proportional-Integral-Derivative trio twigged my
imagination.
Perhaps for tyhose of us less educated, you could "animate" the internal
circuitry of the NavAid device...?    I used to instruct aviators, from
ab-initio to advanced and always found that if they understood how any
device "thinks" they could better operate it. I can see how the Derivative
portion might mitigate the Proportional segment, but the overall effect
escapes me (and perhaps others).
Happy Landings
Ferg A064
P.S: 'scuse the double message to you.....