Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 1/31 - 2/7

Subject: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 1/31 - 2/7
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 13:12:41

This week I finished making all the connections to my new engine monitor. Got
around
4 hours on my new engine (not without some teething problems) and this morning
I had a great flight with everything finally working OK.

One thing I have to say, I take my hat off for those who have a fancy loaded
panel.
Mine is simple and although I designed to be easy to remove (about 10 minutes),
it's still a challenge to reinstall without having all interconnect wires
bunch up and bind (a couple of flights ago took off with no ASIs due to a
pinched
tube, end result was the best landing I ever performed in the monowheel
:)).

My panel is almost all round gages with instruments mounted form the back which
makes it difficult to create an opening to inspect the wiring once the module
is in place). I think next time I will consciously install some items with ease
of removal once the module is in place to be able to create access and make
sure no wiring or tubing is binding.

Here I include a picture of my panel (before the MGL EMS-1 engine monitor) while
enroute to Miami and also included a selfie of me and my wife on that same trip
(do I look serious or what?). Also a picture of the pinched tube I took with
my borescope. I rerouted some items to prevent that pinch point but still....

Chris

Read this topic online here:

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/pinched_pitot_static_tubing_987.bmp