Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 1/31 - 2/7

Subject: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 1/31 - 2/7
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 18:36:40

I think I completed the installation of the new engine and have flown it a
couple
of hours. As Erich said, the fun never ends and I believe that to be true :)

With the new engine I also installed an MGL EMS-1 Vega (2-1/4). A bit small but
my eyes can still take it (well, with the help of bi-focals). I got it mainly
because the new engine has a new current oil pressure sender and the original
Europa gage, which I liked, wont work with it. The new engine also has dual
coolant
temp. I left the original coolant temp for one of the old gages and used
the MGL for oil press, oil temp, one coolant temp and fuel pressure. Since the
MGL EMS-1 also has a RPM and 8 thermocouple channels I added two EGTs and
connected
the tach to that unit. Kept the analog tach with the cable and connector
next to the new one in the engine bay in case the elms-1 kits in the middle
of a trip.

Time will tell if it is a good unit or not but for the price and the features
its
pretty nice. So far I like it.

Chris

Read this topic online here: