Europa-List: RE: What did you do with your Europa this week 1/31 - 2/7

Subject: Europa-List: RE: What did you do with your Europa this week 1/31 - 2/7
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 09:46:46

Work continuesalbeit at a snails space.

After triple checking my wiring harness and searching the various forums for a
solution to the problem I was having with the Garmin G5 not recognizing the
ARINC
429 module I contacted Garmin support, and to my surprise received a call
back.   Apparently a known software bug which the most recent version resolved.
You would think with a new unit it would have had the latest software installed.

Mission creep has set in and other project have been added to the list which are
extending the completion date of my panel upgrade.

One, I am sure will be worthwhile in the end, is adding speed compensating trim
with relay deck as well as auto trim for the AP via the Dynon autopilot
interface.
I originally installed the MAC speed controller which has worked reasonable
well.  I have it turned down to the lowest setting which still results in
the pitch trim being too sensitive at cruise and way too slow at pattern speeds.

Planning for the eventual 406 ELT installation, I am running power and a serial
cable from the new Garmin GPS 175 to provide GPS data to the ELT.  Of course,
I thought of this after completing the wiring harness for the GPS175.  Oh well,
at least I still had it on the bench.

I am also adding a dedicated Ident button for the Dynon transponder that I am
relocating
to the baggage bay.

Lastly, I am replacing 20 plus year old RG58 coax with RG400 for the com radio
and transponder antennas.

Oh, the fun never ends.

Erich
N28ET
Classic Mono 914

Choose to be safer online.
Opt-in to Cyber Safety with NortonLifeLock.
Plans starting as low as $6.95 per month.*
https://store.netzero.net/account/showService.do?serviceId=nz-nLifeLock&utm_source=mktg&utm_medium=taglines&utm_campaign=nzlifelk_launch&utm_content=tag695&promoCode=A34454