Re: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 1/31 -

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 1/31 -
From: timward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2022 16:48:22
=EF=BBHi Chris,
MGL is very reliable and dependable. I have had the MGL iEFIS Lite touchscre
en for 8 years or more and not a single problem. Their websites are excellen
t, for help and updates. Like you I have to have glasses as age has caught u
p. The CAN bus system with an ibox is very clever. Easy to install and I had
 to get an MGL oil pressure sensor.
Good luck with the build.
Tim

Sent from my iPad
Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street,
Fendalton,
Christchurch, 8052
New Zealand.
ward.t@xtra.co.nz
021 0640221

> On 3/02/2022, at 3:44 PM, n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think I completed the installation of the new engine and have flown it a
 couple of hours. As Erich said, the fun never ends and I believe that to be
 true :)

> With the new engine I also installed an MGL EMS-1 Vega (2-1/4=9D). A
 bit small but my eyes can still take it (well, with the help of bi-focals).
 I got it mainly because the new engine has a new current oil pressure sende
r and the original Europa gage, which I liked, wont work with it. The new en
gine also has dual coolant temp. I left the original coolant temp for one of
 the old gages and used the MGL for oil press, oil temp, one coolant temp an
d fuel pressure. Since the MGL EMS-1 also has a RPM and 8 thermocouple chann
els I added two EGTs and connected the tach to that unit. Kept the analog ta
ch with the cable and connector next to the new one in the engine bay in cas
e the elms-1 kits in the middle of a trip.

> Time will tell if it is a good unit or not but for the price and the featu
res it=99s pretty nice. So far I like it.

=========
=========
=========
=========