Re: Europa-List: Funny fuel gauge

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Funny fuel gauge
From: John Cliff <mx@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 02:52:44
--> Europa-List message posted by: "John Cliff"
<mx@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>

> So why now insist on two means of checking ?

The traditional reason for requiring a secondary fuel gauge to a capacitance
gauge, as I understand it, is that a capacitance gauge requires a supply of
elecricity (which is not infallible) and that the embedded electronics are
more or less complex and possibly prone to failure.

I can't see that this implies that two gauges are needed in principle,
regardless of type or that the PFA would drift to this opinion.

A valuable back-up gauge we don't have, but many birds do,  is the ability
to peer into the top of the tank to see what's there.

John Cliff