RE: Europa-List: Funny fuel gauge

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Funny fuel gauge
From: Jeremy Davey <EuropaFlyer3@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 09:22:01
--> Europa-List message posted by: "Jeremy Davey" <EuropaFlyer_3@msn.com>

Richard,

Because the means of measuring may be indirect (e.g. totaliser), and that's
what Engineering wanted if a variety of indirect means were used. Obviously
that contrasts somewhat with the Factory arrangements that allow just the
one gauge - sight tube or the magnetic float type, but that contrast is not
unheard of, is it? :-) Bear in mind, too, that capacitance gauges are
affected by changes in dielectric constant, as previously discussed - so
their suitability for sole gauging is questionable.

Those who want to use the Factory system are unaffected, of course, and can
just use that one. And those wanting to use just one system that isn't the
Factory one can apply for a mod accordingly.

As for all aircraft being required to have two systems - I'm not sure I
agree with your conclusion. It would certainly be seen by all as PFA
Engineering taking things too far and I, for one, very much doubt they would
even entertain such an idea!

Above all, mine is just a mod, not a standard!

Kind regards,
Jeremy

Jeremy Davey
Europa Monowheel 537M G-EZZA
Europa Club Vice-Chairman, Webmaster, PFA NC Representative
PFA EC Member
"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then it is
possible you haven't grasped the severity of the situation."
Tail done
Standard XS wings with mods underway
CM installed in fuse (with airbrakes fittings)
1400 build hours to date
Intended fit:
Rotax 914 turbo, Airmaster CS fully-feathering prop
Lots of lights, buttons, switches, gizmos, and alarms