Re: Europa-List: funny fuel gauge

Subject: Re: Europa-List: funny fuel gauge
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 21:03:34

hey!
            That's the trouble with capacitance - it wants to know what it's
looking at.......
However, it IS capacitance. Therefore one could 'fudge' the reading by
adding or applying a subsidiary capacitance (or if it's calculated to
resistance at the gauge) to fool it. That would mean working out a circuit
to insert for whichever parameter one wants - say, 100LL or Mogas. I'm not
there yet, but will have to do something like that if I want accuracy.
            Failing that, one could apply a secondary scale to the gauge to
read the secondary fuel type quantity. Whichever method means measuring,
measuring and plotting.
Good luck, I think,
Ferg
A064
Oh, oh. I think PFA may want a word over there...................