Re: Flying: Engine reliability

Subject: Re: Flying: Engine reliability
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 03:02:24
Message text written by Graham Singleton
>the Facet isn't too good at pumping vapour either. The
slightest air leak on the suction side, (possibly it will not show a fuel
leak under gravity either,)will have a similar effect on fuel pressure at
the engine and with low fuel levels prevent full power being developed.
<

Mindful of the difficulty of clearing airlocks I have inserted a primer
bulb inside the centre tunnel. I also have fuel temperature and pressure
indications at a point just before the carburetters which should help
diagnose any problems.

Nigel Charles