Re: Flying: Engine reliability

Subject: Re: Flying: Engine reliability
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 20:25:00
Forwarded from bounce bin. Message is from
Klaus Dietrich <Klaus.Dietrich@oracle.com>

It seems that I fixed the problem by eliminating the fuel flow sensor which was
mounted after the return line just before the distribution tee to the
carburators.
I also have a shut-off valve for the return line accessible  in the tunnel next
to the fuel selector. Seems that this cured the low fuel pressure; I'm not sure
but the cooler outside temperatures we have now (below 20C) may also contribute
to a better fuel pressure and less "bubbles". In future, and at OAT of over 25C
on the ground I will also mix 50% Avgas to my unleaded auto fuel to further
prevent vapor lock. (If you're planning to do this you should use semi-synthetic
oil or mineral oil; we had good experience over the last three years with
Castrol GPS motorcycle oil)

Klaus