Re: cockpit ventilation

Subject: Re: cockpit ventilation
From: BRYNALL@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 16:10:11
Dear Pete

I suppose that there must be a risk of engine fumes entering the cockpit
through the flap lever slot, but it does not seem to happen with my Europa.
Certainly I have not been aware of a cold draught screaming around my wrist.
    What with the wheel up the well, and the big wheel support bracket
filling most of the bottom opening there is not so much room for the wind to
get up into the well and cause a pressure at the flap slot. It could even
cause a vacuum!
    Other correspondents are concerned that they are not getting sufficient
cooling air flow from the side ducts, and they are looking at putting vents
at the rear of the cock pit to help with the air flow. I am saying that it
could be exiting through the slot with my aircraft because I get excellent
air flow and there aint nowhere else for it to go out.
    I've never wanted to fly at -25c, so I cant answer that question. I have
tried it at below zero and found that there is a tendency to mist up. You
should try that, IMC on a clear day!
    Don't worry about all of these negative thoughts. Just get yourself
Europasised as soon as possible, and join the fun.
    best regards.......... Bryan Allsop