Re: hi-tech panels

Subject: Re: hi-tech panels
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 17:48:47
>>I'm using an Amiga with a Motorola 68060 CPU, 18Mb Ram, 1.2Gb HD and the
absolutely brilliant AmigaOS 3.  Well I think you all know by now that I'm
a flying Amiga fanatic now...<<

I didn't know they existed, so your posting was not wasted.

I don't think any kind of personal computer is required or desireable. What's
needed is a few simple dedicated units like engine monitor, flight information
monitor (such as the excellent Grand Rapids and Rocky Mountain products) each
with solid state memory and it's own CPU and software. No hard discs or floppies
to fail.
I would love a HUD as well, anyone know how they work?
BTW you should join the Europa club then come and meet the gang and see the odd
Europa, weather permitting at Chavanage near Stroud in early October.

Graham