Re: hi-tech panels

Subject: Re: hi-tech panels
From: Kerry Lamb <kerrylamb@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 1996 07:37:54
>I don't know if it can crash but GPFs etc don't exist. I still think all we
>need is an ASI Altimeter and Compass. The rest can be solid state with
>dedicated microprocessors.

Graham,

I don't disagree, my point is that a general purpose laptop does not seem to
be a grand idea, other than as a development tool for the solid state
purpose built devices that are beginning to replace most of what we
currently use.

Most folks don't understand that with a new generation of processor chip
reaching the market every few months, the box has to be designed to be
trashed in three years, otherwise it would be so expensive no one would buy
it. Who do you know still using a 486 box, do they think it is fast?

Kerry