Re: hi-tech panels

Subject: Re: hi-tech panels
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 1996 05:36:50
>>I've had the chance to fly about six hours in Boomerang, <<
Wish I had. Congratulations on being in the right place at the right time with
the right street cred :-) I hope you'll tell us more about Boomerang.

I would value your opinion, which I know is based on considerable experience, on
the following:

I find it adds considerably to my workload to have to continuously monitor the
engine parameters, particularly when I'm busy trying to think what to say (and
what not to say) to ATC, fly the airplane and navigate. I find it very helpful
to let the digital engine monitor call my attention when required and monitor it
at leasure, if you will, when I'm less busy. (My mental gyros are fairly easily
toppled.) I have the feeling that it is more reliable than the Westach
instruments it replaces. No moving parts. ( I also know and respect the guy who
makes it)

In similar vein, do you know of a reliable stall warner to replace the stall
strips which have a performance penalty at low speeds. Better still an angle of
attack sensor so that we could ignore the ASI, which only tells us we are too
slow when it's happened instead of when it's about to happen.

Graham