Re: hi-tech panels

Subject: Re: hi-tech panels
From: Graham Clarke <gemin@cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 15:37:37
<<What's needed is a few simple dedicated units>> (Graham 1)

Well yes, but not with dedicated displays- that loses all the flexibility
software can provide. Ok, you need the basic alt/airspeed/compass/comms
in traditional form , but after that you indulge in all the fancy display
stuff your computer can provide, via yes, the Rocky mtn. digital inputs
and gps, but outputting to the pc. If it all fails then you fall back on
the basics, (and a handheld with vor so the gps can fail too). What fun
you can have configuring the display ergonomics. Beats immersion in epoxy
and paint.

<>

Yes, worked on them. First you need a Very bright display - tft's no use
yet. Come to think of it the Europa instrument module might just let me
turn my 9" crt round through 90 deg. as required, and the tinted screen
would help, but you need a flat reflector- there's a thought- how about
distorting the raster to compensate for the curvatures ! Will let you
know.

Graham 2