Europa-List: Re: Europa Classic sight gauge tubing MPD: 1998-019 R1

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa Classic sight gauge tubing MPD: 1998-019 R1
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 12:19:44

Per Jim's recommendation I also used the SE-200 tubing. For those in the US it
is sold by McMaster Carr as "Ultra-Chemical-Resistant Versilon PVC Tubing 1/4
ID, 3/8 OD"  PN 6519T13. The stuff is great and after 3 years it has not stained
and remains crystal clear making reading the fuel level very easy.

However, I installed my tube right against the cockpit module's seat back in the
center (if someone has seen Bud Yerly's airplane, but without the fancy base).
That means I did not have to bend this tube to place it in the foot well as
the plans indicate. I have 1/4" aluminum tubing from the tank and vent and bent
90s at the top and bottom of the seat back center. From there a straight run
of the SE-200 against the seat back. No bends.

Jim is right, the stuff doesn't like bends because the FEP liner inside will
collapse.
But in a near straight line it is amazing for fuel sight gage use. Also,
pushing the tube into the 1/4" tubing is hard because the liner separates and
bunches up in front of the tubing. But with some patience it is doable.
Certainly
worth the effort.

But I don't know if you can change the location of the fuel sight gage in
England.
Could you use barbed fittings and use the SE-200 only on the vertical run
where you read the fuel level?

Honestly, I have no clue why Europa didn't place it against the seat back. Easy
to see and fairly accurate.

Chris

Read this topic online here: