Europa-List: Re: Europa Classic sight gauge tubing MPD: 1998-019 R1

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa Classic sight gauge tubing MPD: 1998-019 R1
From: JonathanMilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 04:20:54

Jim,

Many thanks for your words of wisdom. As you're probably aware, in the UK we
seem
to enjoy less freedom and are subject to detailed annual permit renewal
inspections.
So if my inspector says "Jump!" then I reply "How high Sir?" At last
year's inspection he told me that he would like me to replace the sight gauge
tubing before the next inspection, preferably using the TYGON which seemingly
is being used by several UK aircraft types.

I'll have to keep my fingers crossed, hoping that it lasts as long as what is
currently
installed and still in quite good condition after 26 years. Unfortunately
the old tubing was supplied by Europa as part of the build kit, with no way
now of knowing who manufactured it. The picture of what I've already ordered
shows fairly clear tubing without a hint of yellow. It'll be interesting to
see what comes out of the package.

My other hope is that the formulation of US mogas may be a little different from
the UK. For one thing, we can still buy mogas at certain fuel stations with
zero ethanol in it, which is what I always use.

Jonathan

Read this topic online here: