Europa-List: Re: Europa Classic sight gauge tubing MPD: 1998-019 R1

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa Classic sight gauge tubing MPD: 1998-019 R1
From: Matt Dovey <mattdovey@hotmail.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 11:17:07

Jonathan you could find another inspector. Thats what happens when I tell LAA
members
something they dont like at permit time. Especially if it involves them
spending money or their aircraft maybe grounded. Safety usually comes a poor
third. Not sure why after all this time your inspector is quoting MPD 1998-019
R1. Unless he's new to you. Its been around since 1998 and should be carried
out every permit renewal inspection. I carry it out on any aircraft it am
carrying
out a Permit renewal inspection on. I inspect all flexible lines and hose
for deterioration. Not just fuel lines.
I have only found out about Tygon hose in the last week. I've only ever used
standard
commercially available fuel hose. I change it on-condition. Because its
cheap it gets changed often as needed and not every 26 years. If I was going
your inspection I would suggest that to you. Unless you really want Tygon hose
at  that is.

Read this topic online here: