Europa-List: Dynon HDX Autopilot Settings

Subject: Europa-List: Dynon HDX Autopilot Settings
From: Martin Tuck <MJKTuck@cs.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 19:42:47

Hi folks,

I'm back in the air after determining my no generator issues were due to
a poor connection.

When I first installed the Dynon Autopilot on my HDX system, it worked
right out of the box using the default settings in terms of
sensitivities, gains, etc. for both roll and pitch.

A software upgrade introduced a tendency for an aggressive roll tendency
when initiating a turn. Others on the Dynon forum had the same issues.
Then another software update provided 'the fix' but it was also clear
that for me the default settings no longer worked in the pitch axis.

I have gone through the process for adjusting the settings as provided
by the autopilot tuning manual but it still 'wanders' having captured
altitude quite nicely.

I'm thinking of asking Dynon how to reinstall previous software versions
but then I thought I would ask anyone who has a Dynon HDX system with an
autopilot who is running the current software if they could send me
their settings.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Regards,
Martin Tuck