Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week - 08/11/22

Subject: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week - 08/11/22
From: lantieau <Europa@antieau.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 13:55:26

These are great insights, thanks for providing details.  It does seem there are
significant advantages to the 914 vs a 912S.  The focus always seems to be on
maximizing speed at the cost of range.

If you're flying at high altitude with a 914 with a decent tailwind, does it
make
sense to pull the power to a low cruise setting to save fuel while keeping
a reasonable speed?  You mention that we should expect 25 ANMPG with a 914.
What
does that number look like at a reduced power setting at altitude?

My thinking is that a low power cruise would allow to sacrifice some speed in
exchange
for more time aloft, in the end, increasing range and ANMPG.  With a 914,
what is the optimal power setting/altitude to mazimize fuel economy/range
assuming wind is not a factor?

Read this topic online here: