Re: Europa-List: Trutrak AP with Garmin GPS 18x 5Hz

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Trutrak AP with Garmin GPS 18x 5Hz
From: Dpc <dpc@knightonweb.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 17:31:29

Thanks, Rowland. Ill investigate that route to save and download a gpx file.

> On 8 Nov 2022, at 16:32, Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 2022-11-08, at 09:06, Dpc <dpc@knightonweb.com> wrote:
>>
>> Unfortunately my Mac is an older one that doesnt have the M1/2 chip and I
>> dont
have a PC, but youre right that this would work for file transfer.

>> When you use your GPSmap 296 to fly a route with the Trutrak, can you easily
override or cancel that route and choose a different track, but yet continue
to use the 296 to provide GPS location/track info to the Trutrak? Reprogramming
the 296 in flight with a temporary new track, would seem fiddly compared to
just punching in a new track number to the Trutrak box?

> David - as I said, my aircraft is not yet flying so I cant answer that
> properly,
but I think your assumption is probably right. I have flown pre-programmed
tracks with the Garmin GPSmap296 in C150s etc (but obviously not coupled to an
autopilot!). I try not to fiddle with tracks on the GPS in the air but revert
to the chart if I have to divert from the plan.

> Ive had another thought - I think you should be able to save a SkyDemon GPX
> file
to iCloud on the iPad (Files app) and then pull it off iCloud onto your Mac
for transfer. Still need the USB-serial cable and LoadMyTracks.