Re: Europa-List: Re: MOD/247/012

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: MOD/247/012
From: Fred Klein <freddythek10@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 19:58:26
I love Jim=99s solution with the little blocks; as I understand
it, not only does it prevent the shoot bolts from engaging unless the
door is properly aligned for both front and rear bolts, but it also has
the potential for solving the unsightly bulge when the door is locked in
place. I definitely will be adding them.

In my case, in order to ensure that the rear shoot bolt is properly
aligned, I=99ve found it necessary to add a little hand-hold (a
scrap of 1/8=9D Lastafoam w/ a couple of layers of BID) which,
when in the right seat, I reach across my chest with my right hand, pull
the door inward, while my left hand throws the latch into the forward
and locked positionBob=99s your uncle !!

Fred

<mailto:butcher43@att.net>>

> Here are my notes concerning the passive version.  I got these many
years ago and have thought about installing but have not as yet.