Re: Europa-List: Re: MOD/247/012

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: MOD/247/012
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 20:48:30

Sorry, nope, its a roll your own deal ;)

> On Mar 13, 2022, at 6:36 PM, Area-51 <goldsteinindustrial@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Thanks Jim, your notes there answered my question regarding Peter's input and
how the passive concept works and how the door is opened from the outside in
the event of an emergency. I must have a really well constructed build; have not
experienced these levels of door flexure. Would appear they are not fabricated
with not enough layup layers in the first place perhaps?

> The passive system is workable however it addresses a separate issue and
> doesn't
meet what I would consider sufficient to mitigate the overall risk in review...
Peter are there any drawings available of Troy's mod? The position of the
third pin is not at a stress point, so I have no issue cutting into the door
or channel and adding additional reinforcing layups; it addresses the overall
risk quite well, why has the factory not addressed this earlier?

> I'm keen to hear from other aircraft owners on how this mod may not
> sufficiently
meet the existing risk factor, it's the best solution I have seen presented
so far.