Europa-List: Re: MOD/247/012

Subject: Europa-List: Re: MOD/247/012
From: Area-51 <goldsteinindustrial@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 06:56:44

Thanks for voicing your thoughts John, its a possible solution and Duncan has
gone
to my own first bit of swiss cheese thinking... I've been told warning lamps
are not considered a good enough solution; why i have no idea; airbus boeing
lockheed use them, but hey clearly not good enough concept for light sport
aircraft...
i thought about an alignment pin and cone assembly to ensure the hatch
is guided into correct position and that would require cutting into the
structure
and somebody will still manage to somehow loose a door...

If i can offer some basic and seldom observed fit for purpose design methodology
here  good design is not an instant process; the idea may be instant yes, and
then it requires validation against a standard of defined presets; these are
the targets or kpi's to measure the outcome against through the development
process.
in order to get to that outcome it's imperative to continue asking the
same two questions a) how did i arrive at this solusion/idea?, and b) can I
break
this solution?... and you just keep going through back and forward until
validation is achieved and the set standard is met; and that's it.

You have to look at all the "what ifs", and it requires the ability to sometimes
be the dumbest humble person in the room and the courage to tell someone "your
idea is crap, now let me tell you why".

John raised a valid point in stating the reason for the door departing the
aircraft
has not been addressed; he broke the solution... clearly the doors flexing
too much is the root cause and real issue here... is it realistic to put an
AD out to have rigid carbon or ceramic doors fitted? Probably not due to the
cost...
second distinction he made was the idea is reactionary... i believe John
was being polite; i'm not, it's a lego brick.

One person has suggested lights and audible warning system; i think this is
probably
the best solution for many reasons, that's probably why boeing lockheed
and airbus use it; that's the solutiony going into my aircraft... And yes, as
with everything, as sure as the sun will shine and rain will fall, even if
fitted
to all europas, some idiot somewhere some day will still manage to screw up
and loose a door; 100% guaranteed.

Read this topic online here: