Re: Europa-List: Re: MOD/247/012

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: MOD/247/012
From: D McFadyean <amimcfadyean@talktalk.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 11:57:41

How does a rescuer (in the event of some emergency) open the door from the
outside?

D McF.
> On 13 March 2022 at 10:23 John Wighton <john@wighton.net> wrote:
>

> As per my original posts on this subject, the Mod is reactive rather than
> constructive.
A properly run company would have taken this in house and worked with
the LAA and AAIB to create a solution proportional to the issue.  A mandatory
SB issued by the LAA amounts to an MPD in plain anguage.

> The solution adopted is technically very poor.  It is also very ugly.
>
> The root cause of doors coming off the aircraft hasn't been addressed.  The 3d
printed solution will, l suspect, not prove to be sufficiently robust.  Those
who have opted to follow Iss 1 of the Mod now have closely spaced holes adjacent
to a load high spot (door frame aperture), as pointed out by Area51 this
could lead to degradation of the primary structure.

> I am progressing an alternate Mod that utilises a cross drilled hole in the
> front
latch pin, secured manually by a short pip pin and pendant.  This is a positive
lock that prevents the front pin from sliding backwards, thereby making
the status of the rear pin irrelevant.

> Following the Iss 2 of the Mod allows the bonding of the mouldings to the
> aircraft
skin.  This mitigates the possibility of crack propagation but makes no
difference to the Ugliness.