Re: Europa-List: Cowl mods for front belt driven alternator

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cowl mods for front belt driven alternator
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 09:47:08

On Jan 28, 2014, at 6:32 AM, Peter Zutrauen wrote:

> on the subject of weight savings, I can't help but notice how heavy
the mono swingarm is. I noticed in Germany one builder had put many
lightening holes in it (among many other mods).  I had also wondered if
indeed it was over-designed and could use some strategically placed
holes.  Is that the only builder who has lightened it?  Has anyone done
any math on that heavy piece?

Pete...here's a pix of Paul McCallister's swingarm...Fred