Re: Europa-List: Cowl mods for front belt driven alternator

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cowl mods for front belt driven alternator
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 09:39:06

Graham, Are you sure?   You usually are, but competition
gliders are produced with amazing attention to their
finish - gel coat rubbed down progressively to 2000 grit
and then polished with hard wax. We share their laminar
flow aerofoils which are said to be highly sensitive to
surface imperfections.
   Regards, David Joyce G-XSDJ (with gel coat finish!)