Europa-List: Re: wing lift/drag pins

Subject: Europa-List: Re: wing lift/drag pins
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 14:14:13

Hi Bud.
Good to hear from you, It was for me, a very interesting topic as when i look at
the wing attachments they look pretty flimsy,
Initially it was said that the load on the pins are always pulling forward,then
forward got muddled with forward as if flight forward,which i could not
understand,as
i have seen many model aircraft wings break off in flight and they just
folded straight up, then the overall purpose and workings of this bar and pins
slowly fell into place,now i have a much better understanding of it.
I have done some work on the plane, now have independent starter and mag
switches,
new mounting for ipad, and my torque tube has clamps on s, so no free play,but
have just fitted a new mag ht coil at 288,made in chine for 2.50.
Flying tomorrow to the Isle Of Wight, weather permitting.
All the best.
Alan

Read this topic online here: