Re: SV: SV: SV: SV: Europa-List: Re: wing lift/drag pins

Subject: Re: SV: SV: SV: SV: Europa-List: Re: wing lift/drag pins
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 15:11:36
=0A=0AFrans=0AI hope so too, you are a valued member on this forum!=0AThere
 was one tragic incident with a Europa Classic, one of the rear lift pins p
ulled out of the threaded plate in the wing. There were doubts re original
construction but nevertheless forward force must have been considerable.=0A
Graham=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0A From: Sidsel & Svein Joh
nsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com =0ASent:
 Tuesday, 2 July 2013, 13:48=0ASubject: SV: SV: SV: SV: Europa-List: Re: wi
ng lift/drag pins=0A =0A=0A=0AFrans,=0A=C2-=0A=0A> I don't think the forc
es are too large anyway, as the original Europa design=0A> didn't have the
interconnecting bar between the sockets, and the original=0A> structure is
not really that strong with respect to pulling and pushing forces.=0A> =0AF
rans, please promise that you will not be the first one to try that!!=0A=C2
-=0A/////////=0A=C2-=0AI prefer to end my limited contribution to this
tread now, but look very much forward to picking it up again over a cold be
er at the Vichy fly-in.=C2- Perhaps also the beer=99s force may be
determined by which way we are leaning ?=0A=C2-=0ARegar
ds,=0ASvein